I don’t know what it is, but this is the second blogging award I’ve gotten within a week?? Do you people like me or something??? I am delighted?!?!?! I have not been blogging for very long (only since late March!!) so the fact that people seem to like and appreciate my blog means so much to me! Thank you to Dezzy of The Thoughtful Voice for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award!
What is the Mystery Blogger Award, you ask? Well, let me tell you…
It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
And someone thinks all of these things of me? I feel so warm and fuzzy ❤ ❤ 😀
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question.
- Share a link to your best post(s).
3 Facts About Me
- By day, I am a teen librarian. I loved YA books so much I decided to make them and their audience my career! I work at a big urban library in Baltimore, Maryland.
- I wear a hearing aid. This one is mostly to remind myself to actually wear it. I can hear well enough without it (my hearing loss is about 20% in my left ear) and didn’t get the hearing aid until I was a senior in high school, but lately I’ve been having a lot of trouble hearing quieter library patrons so I’ve decided to wear it like I’m supposed to. I mean, that’s what it’s there for, and why make myself suffer needlessly.
- I majored in music and women’s studies in college. And no, they did not intersect much. Most famous composers are old dead white guys. I was a classical flute performance concentration.
- What is your favorite thing about being a blogger?
Definitely the community! When I first started blogging on another site back in 2012, I was extremely shy (okay, I am still a bit shy online, which is why I never nominate people for stuff like this even though I think you are all great), and also didn’t believe in online friends, to be honest. However, this made me feel like I wasn’t part of the community since I never talked to anyone. This time around, I started talking to people and commenting on blogs almost immediately, and it’s been such a more gratifying experience. Even though my number of views are about the same, my engagement is much higher and honestly that feels like a more important thing to me, because the book community is full of such wonderful people who are a delight to talk to and get to know!
2. Are you the type of reader to DNF a book you dislike, or do you finish a book no matter what? Why?
I guess it depends on how bad the book is, but usually I have no issues DNFing a book, even after just one chapter. The amount I read before DNFing definitely varies, but I see no problems with not finishing a book you don’t like. I used to not be able to finish books, and I read so much bad stuff and it wasn’t as fun. Now I’m a lot pickier, and I like most of what I read because of that, which I think is a great thing, because reading should be FUN.
3. What are your hobbies or talents besides reading?
I used to play flute and violin, but I haven’t picked up either basically since I moved out of my parents’ house. As for hobbies outside of reading…um…I’m actually working on that?? I realized recently that I don’t do anything fun at home because I read at work often during my down time, so when I get home I want to do something else…I just don’t know what yet. I am searching for a hobby, I guess.
4. Spell out each letter of your name with a book or song!
M- My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
E- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
L- Love Fortunes and Other Disasters by Kimberly Karalius
5. Share a bookish confession!
I used to dog-ear books…even library books. I am terrible.
Um…best?? Idk about best but I like these posts anyway??
- My first Caturday post
- My first tag for Pride Month
- People seem to like my post about what makes a book a favorite
- My list of books I have to read by the end of the year