Happy end of June, and happy July! It’s the beginning of a new month, time for my favorite types of posts (wrap-ups, goals, and monthly TBR), and time to begin a new bullet journal, which is always very exciting. I also get a day off next week because of July 4th, which is nice, and then I finally have a Saturday off at the end of the week. Yay!! I think I tried really hard to follow my June goals, so let’s take a look at those and then plan what I’m going to try to do in July.
- Read 5 books !! I read 6 books this month 🙂 They were also all good, which was nice. 2 were nonfiction, 2 were Pride related, and 2 were non-diverse contemporary fic.
- Work up to writing !? I kind of did this! I finally read BIG MAGIC by Elizabeth Gilbert, which is what I was hoping would ignite the writing fire in me once more. It kind of did, and I at least feel more motivation to hopefully outline next month. So we shall see.
- Work out at least once a week !! I did this! I either got steps or did some sort of working out, even if it was only 10 minutes.
- Write at least one Pride-related post per week !! I definitely did this, since I started my It’s Pride! feature and wrote a bunch of LGBT-related posts over the course of the month. I loved writing them and now think I want to focus more on diverse books on the blog in general because those are the books I’m most passionate about reading and promoting.
- Hang out with friends more XX Sadly I did not do this at all. Everyone was busy and hanging out with my friends is generally impossible during the week.
- Experiment with cooking more !! I did this. I tried 3 new recipes. I made chicken marsala, which was delicious, a breakfast burrito which was less delicious, and really tasty brownies from scratch that were AMAZING (but so much work tbh).
All in all, June was a very successful month for me in terms of sticking to my goals. I kind of forgot what they were for the most part, but I still managed to do what I wanted to do somehow. I have to say it is very nice to be able to check off or half-check off almost everything on the list, so hopefully this will be more motivational for me for July.
Now, onto July goals!
- Read 5 books. This seems like a good, manageable reading goal (though of course I hope I read way more than this).
- Participate in Astrothon. I found this read-a-thon on Instagram, hosted by Fey of Fey’s Bookish World. The goal is to read at least 4 books but I’m going to shoot for 3. You can also overlap at least 2 challenges.
- Either outline my novel or actually start writing it and participate in Camp NaNoWriMo. I really love participating in the Camp WriMos that NaNoWriMo does in April and July. I haven’t done one of these in so long (well, since actual NaNoWriMo last year), but it always gets me back into writing regularly, which is good. I’ve talked a lot on the blog about wanting to get back into writing Queer Bookish Novel, and I have a lot of ideas for it, but I have no idea what happens after the middle of the story or how to get it to where I want it to go or how to end it. Still, I REALLY want to start writing again, and after reading BIG MAGIC, I feel somewhat more motivated to actually do it.
- Do one healthy thing per day. I’ve made a list of healthy activities I can do in my new bullet journal, and I want to do at least one per day, whether it’s eating no sugar, trying a healthy new recipe, browsing healthy recipes, working out, getting steps, or various other things I have on the list. My goal right now is just be healthier and more fit, and hopefully worry less about weight and just about bodily health.
- Experiment with journaling more. I love to journal in my bullet journal, but I mainly use that for my self-care chart, which I fill out daily, and my as my daily planner. I’ve realized recently that I don’t do a whole lot creatively with it or write about personal things, which I think would help me right now, so I’d like to change that. I just bought a book on Amazon about finding your personal path through journaling, and I’m very excited to read it because I love journaling and also enjoy self-help books. I’m also debating starting a bullet journal Instagram, because I really want to have an Insta of my very own and be good at some form of social media, plus experiment with photography, so journaling more would obviously be very beneficial for my Instagram dreams as well.
- Have one relaxing evening during the week. I always dream about relaxing things I’m going to do when I get home or on the weekends like do a face mask or binge watch cute animated movies and binge read something, but then I never end up doing it. Usually it’s because Corey and I get caught up in Masterchef, which is nice, but lately I’ve been feeling like I need to add in a couple of quiet evenings to myself, because taking time for oneself is important, and I’m worried I’m getting too reliant on him for emotional relaxation and support. Plus, I like alone time and need it to recharge and be a real person. So, one relaxing night for myself per week.
What are your goals for July? How did you do with your June goals? Tell me in the comments 🙂